North Carolina Real Estate
When looking to buy North Carolina residential real estate it is important to weigh out the pros and cons of each location and type of property. Here are some things to keep in mind when looking at North Carolina real estate.
Townhomes - North Carolina Real Estate Advantages:
- You can own land
- No neighbors above or below your property
- Closest you can get to owning a single homewhile saving money
- Sometimes there are additional maintenance fees (your realtor should check into this)
- In many cases the townhouse is more than one level, which might not be convenient for people who struggle climbing up and down stairs.
Condos or Apartments - North Carolina Real Estate Advantages:
- High density leads to better prices and allows for more free amenities.
- In most cases condos are 100% exterior maintenance free
- Location - you can find more affordable condos in more expensive areas
Condos or Apartments - North Carolina Real Estate Limitations:
- Normally there are neighbors above and/or below
- Some condos include an HOA fee Lofts
Lofts - North Carolina Real Estate Advantages:
- Unique looks
- Open floor plans
- Typically high ceilings
- Normally located in Urban environments
Lofts - North Carolina Real Estate Limitations:
- Sometimes in older buildings
- Potential soundproof issues
- Bills could be higher due to higher ceilings and the cost of heating and cooling.
- Lack of privacy - bedrooms are normally open Homes
Homes - North Carolina Real Estate Advantages:
- Own all of your land
- Sometimes a home offers more space
- Normally you have 100% architectural freedom to make any alteration to your house or yard
Homes - North Carolina Real Estate Limitations:
- More expensive form of housing
- Responsible for all interior and exterior upkeep
There are a lot of decisions that need to be addressed when looking at North Carolina residential real estate. The first step is to look at the pros and cons of different properties. Now that you have made that decision you should decide what type of location works for your lifestyle. From big city to quiet country living, MyTownhome can help you find the right fit for you.
To learn more about the pros and cons of locations in Charlotte, NC, check out MyTownhome's Charlotte Real Estate review.